After trying oatmeal with almost all kind of fruit I felt like trying something new. I was almost running out of milk and like I already said I don’t really like the taste of oatmeal with just water. A while ago I saw someone making oatmeal with tea so I decided to give it a try. And yes, it’s great! I used peach tea with peach and banana but I’m sure it will work with all kind of tea and fruit combinations.
- 2 dl water
- A peach tea bag
- 0,25 – 0,5 dl milk (you can use whatever milk you want, normal, low fat, almond or soya, I used soya. I’m sure you can also totally leave out the milk and use more tea)
- 1,5 dl oats
- Little pinch of salt
- A tablespoon cinnamon
- Half a banana
- A peach (I used peach from a can, just because I didn’t have any fresh ones, I’m sure a fresh one is even better)
- Some dl flaxseeds or chiaseeds (optional)
- Put the water in a pan and bring to boil
- Add the teabag and let it sit for about 4 or 5 min (or longer will be even better but I was just too impatient)
- Take out the teabag and add the milk
- When the tea milk mixture is almost boiling or boiling reduce to medium heat and add oats. If you want to add some flaxseeds or chiaseeds do so now.
- Stir while the liquid is dissolving
- Add the pinch of salt, cinnamon and chopped peach and banana. (I left a bit of each aside to top later)
- Keep stirring until all the liquid is dissolved and the oatmeal is smooth and soft. If you want it to be more liquid you can add some more milk
- Put it in a bowl and add toppings
I topped it with some natural low fat yogurt, cottage cheese, more cinnamon, flaxseeds and the rest of the peach and banana.