Nice, sweet, soft and cold ice cream that is healthy and where you basically only really need one ingredient for? O yes, trust me this is good. Pretty a while ago I posted the post Frozen banana, the perfect sunny day snack, where I said you could also make real ice cream from banana so here is finally the recipe!
All you really need is some ripe bananas. One banana is enough for one serving so you can just use as much of bananas as you want.
- Cut the bananas in slices and put them in the freezer
- Leave them in there for about 2 hours. Longer or even overnight is fine but you’ll have to let them unfreeze a little so they are not that solid before putting them in the blender
- Blend the bananas until smooth
- Put it in a bowl with whatever and enjoy!
- Peanut butter
- Grated coconut
- Pure cacao powder for chocolate ice cream
- A piece of dark chocolate for chocolate chip icecream
- Strawberries, raspberries or whatever other fruit
Just add as much as you want of one or a combination of the above (start with a little, taste and add some more if you like) put it in the blender together with the frozen banana slices and voila!
I had the coconut variation with my raw coconut strawberry lemon cake (click here for the recipe)
Putting it back in the freezer for a couple days after blending will work too. It will just get really solid but if you let it unfreeze for about 5-10 min (or put it in the microwave for about 30 sec) it’s totally fine!